Late last year, when the national Alzheimer’s Association decided to end its affiliation agreements with all local independent chapters across the country and merge them into one nation-wide organization governed from Chicago – our local Board of Directors became concerned that this change would drastically reduce our vital programs and services for those impacted by Alzheimer’s disease in New Jersey. After months of analysis, we decided in December of 2015 to disaffiliate from the Alzheimer’s Association and focus all of our donor, volunteer and staff resources on serving New Jersey, our neighbors, and our communities. Other large chapters across the country made similar decisions. Read their stories here.
We know some confusion has been created by misleading mail, email and advertising, But – please know that Alzheimer’s New Jersey® (formerly the Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter) is a stand-alone, New Jersey focused non-profit organization serving our communities the same way we have for over 30 years.
Serving New Jersey families impacted by Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia is our passion and our expertise . For example, when caregivers call our 888-280-6055 Helpline they are speaking with our staff right here in our own state. We know New Jersey because we are New Jersey. When you support Alzheimer’s New Jersey, 100% of your contributions benefit New Jersey Alzheimer’s disease individuals and their caregivers.
Here are a few tips that will help you recognize and support Alzheimer’s New Jersey:
- Our name is “Alzheimer’s New Jersey” – We are formerly the Alzheimer’s Association Greater New Jersey Chapter.
- Our logo is green and purple and has an icon of the great state of New Jersey.
- Our Walk locations did not change – they are at the same great locations, organized by the same dedicated staff and volunteers that have worked tirelessly all these years to raise the funds that provide the local programs and services you have come to expect from our great organization.
- Our support and educational resources – Caregiver Conferences Respite Care and Wellness Programs and Family Support Groups – have longstanding reputations and have helped thousands of families and individuals
- Our donors can be assured that 100% of their contributions benefit New Jersey Alzheimer’s disease individuals and their caregivers.
So check out what’s happening at www.alznj.org and help us get the word out! Thank you! We appreciate your support!!